Tunnel 6 strong>
It is believed that Einar Jónsson, a student, first built on the site in 1835. Einar also had a site south of the street, where there was a brick house.
In 1850, Thord Sveinbjörnsson, High Court Judge, acquired the house. He was the composer of Sveinbjörn Sveinbjörnsson, composer of the composer. Thord built a new house on the plot, much bigger. In 1875, son of Thord, Lárus Edv. Sveinbjörnsson judge, demolished the house and built on the plot of the house that still stands.
Lárus Edvard Sveinbjörnsson was born August 31, 1834 in Reykjavík. He was son-in-law of Thord, but his second wife was Kristine Cathrine Lauritzdóttir, mother of Lárus Edv. His father was Hans Edvard Thomsen, retail manager in Reykjavik and elsewhere. Lárus Edv. Became a student in 1855 and a cand. Jurisdiction from the University of Iceland on June 15, 1863. The first years after graduation, he was a district commissioner in Árnessýsla, then in Þingeyjarsýsla. Appointed town founder in Reykjavik, as well as a magistrate in the Gullbringu and Kjósarsýsla district, and served as office until 1878. Since then, the chief judge and judge of national court and high judge from 1 May 1889 to 1908. Lárus Edv. Had been in parliament for more than a decade and was the banker of Landsbanki Íslands since his establishment on Oct. 24. 1885 to 1 May 1893. He worked many other confidential jobs and wrote books on law. In 1868, he married Jörgine Margrethe Sigrid Gudmundsdóttir Sveinbjörnsson, born April 25, 1849. Her father was a factor at Lefla University in Eyrarbakki. Their son was Jón Sveinbjörnsson, King of the Kings. Lárus Edv. Died January 7, 1910 in Reykjavík. Jörgine Margrethe died on December 6, 1915.
Ásta Sigríður, daughter of Lárus and Jörgine, married Magnús Einarsson, veterinarian, who is registered owner of the house in December 1915. Magnús was born April 16, 1870, at Höskuldsstaðir in Breiðdalur. His parents were Einar Gíslason, alms. And hostess, and Guðrún Helga Jónsdóttir, farmer at Gilsá in Breiðdalur, Einarsson. Magnús took up the family name Einarson. The book “Icelandic Harbor Studies” says he was the first veterinarian in Iceland to have a full-time test in that article. Magnús had a significant role in politics and was one of the founders of the Conservative Party in 1924. He died in Reykjavik on October 2, 1927.
Kofoed Hansen gardening engineer designed the garden, which from old pictures can be seen to be very beautiful. Only one tree remains, a tree that was chosen by the city of Reykjavík for several years.
After Magnús lived, his widow, Ásta Einarson, lived in the house. She studied piano lessons and had learned from Mrs Melsted, and then went to Edinburgh and filled herself there. She sold the house in the late 1940’s.
In late November 1940, a brigade ward broke out to build a house on the plot. The British had not applied for a building permit, but had digged a ditch and began to smash up the house when it arrived. There was nothing about housing construction because the government stopped construction.
In 1941, Elitric hf. With activities in the house, import and sale of electrical appliances. There was also a showcase on the southwest corner of the house.
Hannes Þórðarson and Ólafur Jónsson were owners of Elitric. Hekla then buys the commissions Elitric had. For a while, Ólafur Jónsson was housed in an apartment in the building’s building, after which it was taken by the coffee shop and offices.
In the estimation of 1943 it is stated that walls have been welded in rooms and masonry. Ceiling and walls in the kitchen were tiled and masonry when the house was built.
Steindór Haarde and Gunnar Rósinkranz, both engineers, rent the house in 1978 for the engineering company “Vægi”. At the end of 1984, Steindor Haarde bought the house together with Ágúst Þór Jónsson, engineer. In 1986 they built the house in Grjótagata 7. Well, this building has been successful. When entering the house, it reminds you of a well-renovated old house. There is a gap between the houses Grjótagata 7 and Túngata 6 about the glass enclosures that were made between them.
In 1986, Ydda ehf. In Túngata 6 and was operating on the lower level. Up there were engineering companies Steindór Haarde and Ágústir Þór Jónsson.
In 2002, the investment company Baugur Group hf. Its activities in the houses. Baugur Group hf. Was active in the houses until 2009 when the company was subject to bankruptcy proceedings.
Is it the unanimous opinion of those who work in the house or have a way of a very good spirit in this beautiful old house, whatever it may cause.